Stray Kids charted No. 1 on Billboard 200 with its eighth EP, according to the publication’s preview published on Sunday in the US.
EP “Rock-Star” is the band’s fourth consecutive album to achieve the feat, following previous EPs, “Oddinary” and “Maxident,” as well as third studio album “Five-Star.”
The eight-member act is the only K-pop band to top the main albums chart more than four times besides BTS that did so six times.
The band performed at 2023 Billboard Music Awards, putting on “Lalalala,” which fronted the new EP, as well as “S-Class,” the main track from third LP. It also nabbed the Top K-Pop Album award with the full album.
The eighth EP was rolled out on Nov. 10 and topped the iTunes top albums chart in 32 regions as did the lead single on top songs chart in 37. The album sold more than 2 million copies in two days.
BTS’ Jungkook sets another sales record with solo album
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- 장예찬 "이상민 탈당에 깊이 공감…민주당 고쳐쓰기 불가능"
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way