South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected